The Curation Committee is a group of individuals elected by the DAO who are responsible for reviewing and approving wearables and emotes submitted by the Decentraland community. The current Curation Committee includes three members, but it can be expanded to include more. Each member holds a key in a multisig wallet that is used to vote on the approval or rejection of each item submitted via the Wearables Editor.
The approval criteria used by the committee when reviewing wearables is outlined in Publishing Wearables , the criteria for publishing emotes is outlined in Emotes overview
The current members of this committee are:
- Shibu, Art Director, Decentraland Foundation
- Juan Pablo Colasso, 3D Visual Artist
- Sebastian Valla, Art Director at Wonderzone
- Laura Uson Dolsac, Lead Artist at Polygonal Mind
- Malloy, Art Director at Feeka Cafe
- Hirotokai, 3D Artist and DCL Wearable Designer
- Sango, 3D Artist and wearable creator from Metazoo
- Grimey, 3D Artist and wearable creator from StudioSparkles
- AndreusAs, 3D Artist and independent wearable creator
- Mitch Todd, Digital designer and independent wearable creator
- Kristian, 3D Artist and wearable creator from Dappcraft
- James Guard, 3D Artist and independent wearable creator
- Fabeeo Breen, 3D Artist and Independent wearable creator
- Yannakis, 3D Artist and Independent wearable creator
Why Does Decentraland Need a Curation Committee? #
Wearables, emotes and other assets are a critical aspect of the avatar creation and customization experience. With the addition of the Editor, any member of the community can create their own wearables and emotes to share with other users.
Wearables within the Decentraland ecosystem must also meet several technical requirements, otherwise they may not render correctly or they may adversely affect other wearables equipped at the same time. Until this approval process can be more fully automated, it is necessary for several individuals to review each wearable manually. Emotes also have to be approved by the Committee.